Bachelor of Arts and Laws, B.A. LL.B (Hons.), National Law School of India University, Bangalore (Class of 2018)
Sahil is an alumnus of National Law School of India University, Bangalore (B.A. LL.B, 2018). He has previously been a part of Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas (“SAM”), Delhi in their Dispute Resolution Team and practiced in the chambers of an Advocate-on-Record. He has previously worked on a variety of matters including, Insolvency Law, Commercial Law, Personal Laws, Company Law and Securities Law matters before the Supreme Court, Delhi High Court, NCLAT, NCLT and Securities Appellate Tribunal. After joining Chamber 20A, he has worked on matters with a focus on Public Law matters before the Supreme Court and Delhi High Court. At Chamber 20A he has also been involved in drafting of pleadings before the Supreme Court, the Delhi High Court and also before arbitral tribunals.
Member, Bar Council of Delhi (Since 2018)
Member, Delhi High Court Bar Association (Since 2019)
1. Successfully appeared before the Delhi High Court in proceedings for appointment of arbitration in a dispute with Archaeological Survey of India.
2. Drafted pleadings and appeared in National Company Law Appellate Tribunal on behalf of Nippon India Mutual Fund in various matters.
3. Appeared before National Company Appellate Law Tribunal on behalf of Army Group Insurance Fund in the ILFS matter for recovery of investments to the tune of Rs. 200 crores.
4. Appeared on behalf of Resolution Professional of MTR Foods in a proceeding for approval of resolution plan before NCLAT.
5. Appeared on behalf of financial and operational creditors before NCLT for initiation of insolvency proceedings.
6. Successfully appeared before the Civil Court in proceedings for rectification of register of shareholders.
1. Appeared on behalf of ex-management of CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited before SEBI and Securities Appellate Tribunal in relation to a matter involving purported siphoning off of funds.
2. Successfully appeared before Securities Appellate Tribunal in a proceeding for quashing of order passed by Whole Time Member with respect to deemed public issue.
1. Represented a leading insurance company (IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Limited) in multiple disputes relating to award of compensation in perpetuity before the Supreme Court.
2. Appeared on behalf of Oriental Insurance in an arbitration proceeding involving disputes to the tune of Rs. 80 crores.
1. Appeared on behalf of various hospitals/diagnostic centres before the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission in cases relating to medical negligence.
2. Appeared on behalf of homebuyers before the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission for delay in possession.
3. Appeared for a private limited company before the Supreme Court in a dispute regarding the permissibility of companies claiming benefits under the Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
1. Part of a team of lawyers that is defending an athlete in a sports arbitration appeal preferred by the World Anti Doping Agency before the Court of Arbitration for Sport, Switzerland.
2. Appeared in Supreme Court and the Delhi High Court on behalf of the Maharashtra Archery Association and the Archery Association of India in relation to conduct of elections in National Sports Associations. [2019 SCC OnLine SC 637]
1. Represented a management institution in a recognition and affiliation dispute against the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) before the Supreme Court.
2. Part of the team representing an education sector regulator (NCTE) in multiple disputes before the Delhi High Court.
3. Representing a group of pharmacy colleges against the Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) in class action litigation on the issue of imposition of a moratorium on opening new institutions.
1. Drafted petitions and appeared before the Rajasthan High Court and Delhi High Court for quashing of criminal proceedings.
2. Part of the team representing an accused in an appeal against an order passed under Special Court (Trial of Offences Relating to Transactions in Securities) Act, 1992 for a financial fraud.
3. Advised and drafted bail application for an accused in a case pertaining to culpable homicide not amounting to murder before Sessions Court.
1. Appeared before the Delhi High Court in a matter challenging constitutionality of provisions relating to disqualification of directors under the Companies Act, 2013.
2. Represented a political worker before the Supreme Court of India in case involving habeas corpus and freedom of speech.
3. Represented an author before the Supreme Court of India in case involving allegations of civil defamation against a public personality.