Bachelor of Arts and Laws, B.A. LL.B. (Hons) Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat. (Class of 2019)
Bar Council of Delhi (Since 2019)
Jaideep Khanna is an alumnus and merit scholar of Jindal Global Law School, Sonipat. During his days at JGLS, he was a member of the Jindal Debating Society and Alternate Dispute Resolution team. He regularly appears before High Courts, Tribunals and the Supreme Court of India for a variety of matters pertaining to the areas of commercial law, public law, administrative law and criminal law.
1. Represented a public sector enterprise in a tripartite infrastructure arbitration against a Joint Venture Company before an Arbitral Tribunal presided by a retired Supreme Court Judge.
2. Appeared for a public sector enterprise in an infrastructure arbitration against a Joint Venture Company before a Tripartite Arbitral Tribunal.
3. Representing an Indian infrastructure company (Sugesan Transport Pvt. Ltd.) in several construction arbitration disputes against a Taiwan based company (Continental Engineering Corporation) before the Delhi High Court in enforcement proceedings.
4. Representing a state entity in an Arbitration appeal in an ongoing dispute relating to the principles of anticipatory breach
1. Successfully appeared and defended the challenge of the insolvency process initiated against a Corporate Debtor before the NCLAT, for an infrastructure company [Partha Sadhan Bose v. Sugesan Transport Pvt. Ltd., (2020) SCC OnLine NCLAT 140]
2. Appeared for a state government in a copyright infringement suit where the Delhi High Court decreed the suit of permanent injunction in favor of the Plaintiff. (Citi Group Inc. & Ors. v. Citi Finance Service and Another, (2019) SCC OnLine Del 11589)
3. Appeared for an Insurance Company before a Constitution Bench consisting of 5 judges where the Supreme Court decided the mandatory timeline of pleadings in consumer disputes (Hilli Multipurpose, 2020 SCC Online SC 287)
4. Successfully represented a public utilities provider in an invocation of bank guarantees dispute before the Supreme Court.
1. Successfully represented a state government housing authority in a dispute involving the allotment of land for the construction of a private hospital. (The Bihar State Housing Board & Ors. vs. Radha Ballabh Health Care and Research Institute (P) Ltd, (2019) 10 SCC 483.)
2. Successfully represented a state government before the Supreme Court in a dispute involving issues related to auction of public lands. (Narayan Yadav (D) Through Lrs. vs. State of Bihar & Ors., 2020 SCC OnLine SC 232)
1. Successfully represented a police service aspirant before the Supreme Court in a case involving gender discrimination. (Khusbu Sharma vs. Bihar Police Sub Ordinate Service Commission, 2019 SCC OnLine SC 1323)
2. Represented a central education regulator (National Council for Teacher Education) in multiple disputes before the Delhi High Court and Supreme Court. The landmark decisions include Laxmi College of Education vs. NCTE reported as 2019 SCC OnLine Del 10357, Sir Chottu Ram Jat College of Education vs. NCTE reported as 2019 SCC OnLine Del 10857 and Amrit Kunwar Mahavidyalaya vs. NCTE & Anr reported as 2020 SCC OnLine Del 455.
3. Represented an individual in a degree accreditation dispute against a public university before a Division Bench of the Delhi High Court. [Pooja Singh v. Indian Council of Agricultural Research – National Dairy Research Institute & Ors 2021 SCC Online Del 175]
4. Representing an employee before the Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) in a wrongful termination dispute.
1. Represented a state government in a criminal appeal wherein the Supreme Court has passed guidelines for summoning an accused. (Govind Prasad Kejriwal vs. State of Bihar & Anr. reported as 2020 SCC OnLine SC 114)
2. Representing pharmaceutical, media entertainment and other private companies in financial fraud and cheque bouncing cases before Trial Courts.
3. Successfully resisted interim orders against an accused before the Prevention of Money Laundering Appellate Tribunal (PMLA).
4. Representing an informant in cancellation of bail proceedings before the Supreme Court for real estate related offences